Mon Forest Towns Development Services Contractor - Grants Management RFP
Project Title: Mon Forest Towns Development Services Contractor – Grants Management
Proposal Due Date: 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, June 25, 2021
Estimated Contract Period: 18 – 22 months
Amendments extending the period of performance, if any, shall be at the sole discretion of the Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board and Grants Committee.
Consultant Eligibility: This solicitation is open to those Consultants that satisfy the minimum qualifications stated herein and that are available for work in West Virginia.
Submit Questions and/or Proposal to: Lauren Seiler, Director of Development at WVU Extension Service, digitally at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board and Grants Committee, in partnership with The Claude Worthington Benedum Foundation and West Virginia University Extension Service, is seeking a talented professional to assist with identifying, cultivating and soliciting support for the Partnership from philanthropic and governmental organizations. Proposals in response to this call will be accepted by email until Monday, June 25, 2021 by 5 pm EST. More information about the Partnership can be found here.
The Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board and Grants Committee is seeking bids for a fixed price contract to provide fundraising services to the partnership and its representatives. The Mon Forest Towns Development Services Contractor will work autonomously and strategically to coordinate the work of the Mon Forest Towns Partnership as it pertains to securing philanthropic and governmental financial investments in support of the projects and programs generated by the Mon Forest Towns Partnership.
Successful respondents to this RFP will be able to demonstrate an ability to work independently and as a member of the Partnership.
Bids should outline how you and your firm can ably manage the following activities:
- Identify new local, state, federal, and private foundation and corporate funding opportunities for Mon Forest Towns development activities through researching background information; developing materials and plans; organizing related programs/events; and cultivating, stewarding, and soliciting partner prospects.
- Use multiple databases to extract complex, technical data to formulate reports and other materials to assist the Mon Forest Towns Partnership to effectively develop solicitation and outreach strategies to grow investments in Mon Forest Towns.
- Coordinate a grants spreadsheet and provide monthly updates on current and pending grants to the grants committee.
- Develop “capture teams” of local stakeholders and provide support to capture teams as they identify and prioritize projects for funding. Assist in outlining the role of the capture team in managing grant activities. Capture teams are expected to take projects from town project tracker spreadsheets and move them to funding status. Capture teams may be from one town or include stakeholders from multiple towns collaborating to support a project that has a larger, regional geographic scope.
- Identify appropriate applicants and fiscal agents for grant proposals.
- Set up all Mon Forest Towns grants in internal systems.
- Obtain all relevant documentation and signatures for grant processes.
- Provide high level project management & project analysis for related Mon Forest Towns development efforts.
- Send report reminders in line with prescribed timelines to all relevant Principal Investigators and fiscal agents.
- Serve as a liaison between the Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board and grants committee. Participate in monthly grant committee meetings and provide updates on active, pending, and potential grant activities.
- Help principal investigators/grant recipients ensure that all funds are spent on schedule, and No-Cost Extensions are applied for as soon as a need is established.
- Help to track grant activities, document accomplishments, and audit records for active grants.
- Provide consultative support & skillful customer service to address questions & create positive outcomes for top internal and external customers.
- Work with a high level of autonomy & exercise independent judgment on project management with multiple tasks to create solutions that impact organizational productivity. Manage multiple projects simultaneously, receiving direction & input from multiple staff members.
- Help on matters that are sensitive or complex in nature & require a high level of analytical skill, independence, & initiative in execution & implementation.
The Development Specialist will build positive, strategic relationships with development partners, and provide support, coordination and services to help manage local, state, and federal partners, foundations, investors, senior managers, and corporate and foundation investments in Mon Forest Towns.
Structure of Response
All responses to this proposal must follow the structure given below
- Executive Summary
- Implementation Approach/Deliverables/Project Management Approach (Please illustrate your project management approach in terms of communication, planning and any other relevant information)
- Description of Previous Experiences including Grant Success Rate
- Budget (Hourly rate, travel, supplies, printing, meeting space, etc.)
- Client References
Any contract to be made pursuant to this RFP will be based upon the proposal with appropriate consideration given to operational, technical, cost, and management requirements. Evaluation of offers will be based upon the Vendor’s responsiveness to the RFP and the total price quoted for all items covered by the RFP. Proposals must address all the items identified in the Request. All proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria*:
- Completeness of proposal
- Experience and past performance
- Ability to meet requirements as specified
- Demonstrated quality of service and training
- Oral presentation (finalists will be asked to deliver an oral presentation to the grants committee. More detail will be provided if selected)
*does not represent that these are the sole criteria and reserves the right to adjust selection criteria at any time.
Awarding of Contract
This is an FLSA Contract status position. The Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board is not bound to accept the lowest proposal and is not obliged to give a reason for rejecting a proposal. Please note that the Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board reserves the right to vary the number of vendors invited to interviews and presentations, or dispense completely with this part of the process, at its sole discretion. The Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board reserves the right at all points in the procurement process either not to select a candidate to go forward to the next stage, or following completion of the procurement process, not to make any award of contract. Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board has prepared this RFP in good faith. To the extent that the Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board is permitted by law, the Mon Forest Towns Partnership Board excludes any liability (whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any incorrect or misleading information contained in this RFP.
Tentative Payment Schedule
Upon selection and initiation of scope of work, payment will be provided monthly via check from the WVU Foundation upon receipt of invoice/receipts from Grants Coordinator.