About Scotts Run
Our vision is to be a place to share the stories and learn from the experiences of integrated coal camps of Scotts Run.
- To educate ourselves and future generations about the culture, values, resilient relationships and social bonding of historic Scotts Run that meant survival in coal camp life.
- To save history through storytelling in multiple media of residents’ experience that add to published accounts
- To provide a place for remembering, preserving, communing, and for open discussion within a museum setting
- To provide outreach through events and programs—alone, or partnering with other organizations, to translate such experiences for succeeding in a diverse and interdependent world.
Scotts Run Museum and Trail
Mary Jane Coulter, Executive Director
465 Scotts Run Road, Osage WV
(304) 599-9615 | Hours: Saturday 10-2 and by appointment