Brand Identity Logo Licensing
As the Mon Forest Towns Partnership (MFTP) owned logos are used primarily for the purpose of promoting and marketing the TOWNS as a recreation destination and to support and develop their recreation economies, projects seeking permission to use any of the MFTP owned Logos will be evaluated against the MFTP strategy and priorities. For projects in line with MFTP strategy and priorities, recreation industry stakeholders will be bound by a license agreement of the logo usage.
Terms and conditions include:
Mon Forest Towns Partnership grants to the Requestor, at no cost, a royalty-free, revocable, non-exclusive, non- transferable, non-sub licensable and limited license to use the Logos in accordance with the MFTP Style Guide, for the sole purpose of promoting and marketing this region and its many recreational assets.
The Requestor shall not alter or modify the Logos, or use any other signs, logos, trademarks or branding in connection with the Logos, without the prior written approval of MFTP Board.
The Logos shall not be used in any manner which would bring them into disrepute or otherwise reduce or diminish the goodwill, reputation, image or prestige of the Logos and/or MFTP and/or its partner organizations.
All artwork, collaterals, content and material created and developed for the Purpose of the Agreement which use, contain or make reference to the Logos must be submitted to the MFTP Board for approval at least four (4) weeks before the intended use of the Logos is carried out, displayed, printed, performed and/or published online or offline.
How to apply for use of MFTP owned Logos
Recreation industry stakeholders within the Mon Forest Towns region seeking permission to use any of the MFTP-owned Logos can submit a request using the link below and can expect to receive a response from the MFT Marketing Committee Chair – Cara Rose, Pocahontas County CVB within one week. The form will process through Qualtrics which will then alert the Mon Forest Towns brand managers of the use request. If more information is needed, you will be contacted. Once approved, the link to access the logo files will be emailed to you.
The request should include information on:
- Background of the project
- Intent of logo usage and relevant details on logo usage (including but not limited to how the logo will be featured on marketing collaterals, promotional items, retail items, and the duration of logo usage).
- Photo or mock-up of the proposed use
Best practice note:
- CVBs may request a blanket use.
- All other partners must submit for each specific use of the logo.
- All submissions must identify how they intend to use the logo with sample photo/design/graphic.
- Once approved and logo files are made available to the partner, we highly recommend visiting the Style Guide which outlines appropriate use of the logos.
- If an approved request would like a town-specific logo file set, if not already loaded to the brand logo file page, WVU design department will be notified and specific files will be loaded as promptly as possible.